At the end of the summer of 2018, we saw a rise in a new type of social media – TikTok. Although Musical.ly had previously been around, it mostly focused on individuals. With TikTok, businesses started hopping on major trends and sharing their knowledge with the audience that was enraptured by this new platform. COVID-19 definitely helped TikTok gain its popularity since so many people were stuck at home with almost nothing to do. TikTok was also seen as a light spot when everything in the world seemed depressing or politicized. Light-hearted trends and fun dances quickly became almost everyone’s fascination. This addicting style of social media can also be your business’ saving grace.
Although TikTok has recently been updated to allow videos for up to three minutes, the original TikToks could be no longer than 30 seconds. This short time frame allows for your viewer to stay engaged throughout your video but challenges the creator to fit enough content into such a short time period. So how can this help your digital presence?
The most obvious answer is that TikTok provides a huge audience. TikTok has over one billion users and has been downloaded over 200 million times in the U.S. alone. Plus, the TikTok algorithm will put your video on the feeds of people who have the greatest chance of liking it, without you having to do any extra work. Additionally, people desperately want to see the personality of the businesses they engage with. In today’s politically charged climate, people want to support businesses that are ran by real people, and they want to see who those people are. TikTok allows your business to showcase the different personality types that make your company unique.
Approximately 85% of businesses are already using video as a part of their marketing strategy. Whether your business is a part of that statistic or a part of the other 15% of businesses, TikTok will help your brand. Many people, especially those in the younger generation, are no longer watching cable TV, and many people pay not to have to see ads as a part of their streaming services. By posting your video content on TikTok, you’re still reaching that audience segment that you would otherwise basically ignore. Don’t let the fact that your videos will need to have a different time length and tone to do well on TikTok scare you; Kip and King Marketing is here to help with that. We are continuously working to stay ahead of the trends to help current and potential clients maximize their TikTok potential. To learn more about how TikTok can help your business grow, contact Kip & King Marketing today.